Sevilla, Especial

August 17-19, 2015

August 17-

Sevilla is one of my favorite cities in Spain. I love the vibe, the energy the people.  Maybe it's the warm weather, the food, but whatever it is it's working. I love the beauty of the city itself and couldn't wait to share it with my family. Our hotel was ok, but the room had bunk beds, so the kids went nuts over who would sleep on the top bed. Immediately we put our stuff down and headed out to the Catedral D Sevilla. The line was long, but we waited and it was worth the wait. The kids loved it and were so excited by the tomb of Christopher Columbus. Especially, my daughter who spent the year learning about American history. Made it real for her. After the visit we strolled around a bit went back to the hotel for a rest and dinner. I was on a quest for the best gazpacho. My Gazpacho is the best.

August 18-

We ventured out for breakfast as it was not included in our hotel. It's so nice to be able to eat outside early in the morning watching the city come to life. Two of my kids discovered Pringa a dish consisting of beef or pork with sausage cooked in fat for hours and served with bread. What could be bad? After we went to visit Hospital de los Venerables, was a bit lost on the kids. We ventured to the Hospital de la Caridad.  I first visited the Hospital de la Caridad  when I was just dating my husband. He fell in love with the chapel and the baroque art work. I didn't take in just how astonishing this place is.  However, this visit was different, I actually took time to take in every detail I could of the surrounding chapel. My eleven year old daughter noticed that all of the art was about death or dying. She couldn't get over the morbidity of it and couldn't figure out why we would take her to such a place. I have to say, it is a favorite of mine, In Ictu Oculi. Time to lighten up, lunch! Nothing a bottle of wine and gazpacho couldn't fix, cheered me up right away.

We strolled back to our hotel rested before heading out for our late afternoon adventure.
That afternoon we headed to the Barrio Santa Cruz, the old Jewish quarter to visit the Centro de Interpertacion de Juderia de Sevilla. This was an interesting insight into Sevilla's Jewish past. Very informative with some historic artifacts. Kids found it to be very interesting and were happy to visit. We strolled on after and surprised the kids with a horse and buggy ride. They loved it. We rode through the Maria Luisa Park past the Plaza de Espana and the Torre de Oro. After the ride, we were ready for dinner and bed. We were renting a car the next day to head to the beach and then on to Granada to finish up our tour of Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment